- pan for gold
- take a horse and carriage ride
- participate in the Julian Chamber of Commerce’s Hunt for History tour and have a chance to win a $50 cash prize
- enjoy a bluegrass festival
- watch an old-time melodrama
- witness a shootout on Main Street
- visit more than 30 historical sites • wander through unique shops and galleries
- enjoy a delicious meal and/or treat
- experience the Julian night sky at any one of a number of quaint lodging options anxious to cater to your needs.
Why Julian? Why not!
Julian has something for everyone, and that’s no kidding! Every weekend offers a wide range of activities from shootouts to panning for gold, from gallery hopping to wine tasting. Whether you are fascinated by the history of one of California’s original gold rush towns, are moved by the brilliance of a starry night, love the crispness of a winter day, or just want a piece of America’s best apple pie, Julian should be on your list of “must do’s.”